Vetiver, a member of the grass family, is grown for many reasons. Unlike other grasses, the root system of Vetiver grows down, making it ideal for helping to prevent erosion and providing soil stabilization. Vetiver has a rich, exotic, complex aroma that is used extensively in perfumes. Due to Vetiver’s calming, grounding effect on the emotions, it is an ideal oil to use in massage therapy. It can also be rubbed on the feet before bedtime to promote a restful night’s sleep. When taken internally, Vetiver can support a heathy immune system.
12 Uses of Vetiver Essential Oil
When it comes to vetiver essential oil there are many health benefits and uses that can be utilized. The health benefits and uses of vetiver essential oil are very diverse which makes it very beneficial and an important component to your essential oils kit.
- Anti-inflammatory: Vetiver has amazing anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to soothe and cool the affected area and thus helps to reduce the inflammation in the area. By helping to reduce inflammation it also helps to promote circulation and calm the nervous system. It is known to help with sun stroke and dehydration caused by extreme heat and dry winds.
- Antioxidant: Vetiver has antioxidant properties that help in clearing the body of unwanted toxins. It helps the body get rid of unwanted free radicals that can harm the body both inside and out. By getting rid of these free radicals vetiver can then help in the regeneration and production of new cells throughout the body. This is important in preventing the signs of aging as well as in boosting the immune system and in healing the mind and the body.
- Antiseptic: Vetiver is excellent for helping to clean wounds and in helping to prevent infection from taking hold of an injury. It helps to clean the scar from the inside out and can be taken orally or applied topically to the wound to help prevent infection and sepsis.
- Aphrodisiac: Vetiver is known for its aphrodisiac properties. It helps to boost the libido and assists in the arousal of sexual feelings. It helps to stimulate the pleasure parts of your brain to help get you into the mood which is essential for those that have a low libido, impotence or lack of arousal in the bedroom.
- Bug Repellant: Vetiver does help to repel bugs. It does this through its scent. The vetiver plant is also known to repel insects because of its height when at full growth.
- Depression and Anxiety: Vetiver helps with depression and anxiety by helping to calm the body. It helps to regulate the breathing and blood pressure which is especially important when someone is extremely stressed or going through a panic attack. It helps to soothe the nerves and decrease agitation in a person suffering from anxiety and depression.
- Immune System: Vetiver helps to boost the immune system by helping to rid the body of unwanted infection and free radicals. It helps to protect the body from these unwanted visitors as well. It helps to maintain and heal all other systems in the body to help the body run more smoothly.
- Muscles and Joints: Vetiver helps those with joint and muscle pain because of its anti-inflammatory and pain reducing properties. It helps to reduce joint stiffness and discomfort which can be associated with arthritis. It also helps to promote blood flow and circulation which also helps in reducing the pain and stiffness in the joints or muscles.
- Nerves Aide: Vetiver helps the nervous system by helping to maintain the health of the system. It helps to heal damaged parts of the nervous system which can be caused by shock, stress or fear that a person may have encountered or going through. It also helps with nervous system problems such as epileptic attacks or neurotic disorders such as Parkinson’s disease.
- PMS Aide: Vetiver helps those suffering from PMS symptoms by helping to reduce the pain and inflammation in the abdominal area due to cramping. By merely massaging it into the skin or taking it orally can help in reducing the symptoms of PMS cramping.
- Skin Care: Vetiver essential oil helps the skin by helping to reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks on the skin. It does this by promoting blood circulation, promoting new cell growth and regeneration and by helping to speed up the healing process. It helps to replace dead and discolored tissue which helps in decreasing the look of scars and stretch marks by creating a more uniform surface and look.
- Sleep Aide: Vetiver helps those with sleeping problems such as insomnia or stress. It helps to calm down the body especially the nerves to help a person calm down and relax before bedtime helping to promote more restful sleep.
You can purchase the Vetiver Essential oil I use at the following link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FZZVQ6F